New America and the Assets team are going offline to celebrate the holidays. We’ll be back the first full week in January. This is a great time for reflection, and in that spirit we leave you with this Best of 2014 collection. It’s work we did in 2014 that makes us proud and hopefully had some impact. We look forward to continuing our work and our dialogue with you in 2015.
Over our holiday break we’ll also be tweeting out links to some of our favorite work from the asset building field this year. Keep an eye out for tweets using #Assets2014 and chip in with your own suggestions.
- Favorite policy paper: Solving the Retirement Puzzle: The Potential of myRAs to Build a Personal Safety Net
- Favorite blog post : Who Is MyRA?
- Favorite opinion piece: Obama's myRA proposal needs flexibility
- Favorite op-ed: Do You Have Emergency Savings to Get You Through a Crisis?
- Favorite policy paper: Children's Savings Accounts: Research, Practice, and Implications for Policy Design
- Favorite op-ed: This Man Wants All Babies to Have A Savings Account. Wait – what?
- Favorite blog post: Roth Accounts for Youth Savings
- Favorite guest post: What Can Canada Teach Us About Child Savings Accounts?
- Favorite resource: Millennials Rising: Next Generation Policies in the Wake of the Great Recession
- Favorite op-ed: The millennials got a raw deal
- Favorite article: 5 ways America is failing Millennials — and what to do about it
- Favorite policy critique: America's homeownership subsidies are a terrible way to help young people build wealth
- Favorite guest op-ed: Retiring a National Crisis?
- Favorite op-ed: What you should know about the ABLE Act
- Favorite blog post: Hello 2014, Goodbye Medicaid Asset Limit
- Favorite outside piece: What happens when your pregnant sister-in-law is paralyzed in an accident — and has no insurance
- Favorite blog series: Modernizing the war on poverty
- Favorite op-ed: Donald Sterling's racist rant: What it says about the flaws of America's housing laws
- Favorite long-form piece: A Second Chance for Low-Income Men
- Favorite blog post: Senate Housing Bill Expands Reach of Self-Sufficiency Program